Tuesday, January 8, 2013

NYE 2012 and Bumper Car Babies

This year's New Year's Eve was a tad different than most of our previous get-togethers! Just four close friends and their adorable babies joining us to celebrate. Let's just say I think I was in bed by 12:30ish! Not bad. Even our 2011 New Year's was so different. At the time I was about 5 month's pregnant, and we went to not one but two parties and didn't make it home till after 2 am! That exhausts me just thinking about it. But even with the earlier bed time, we had a great time. I always love getting together with good friends, but adding their adorable kids to the mix makes it even better. Next time, I'll take pictures of all the kids, since I only got a few of the girls. Sorry Mr. Bennett. I should've captured you bravely walking all over the place. :)

We swapped walkers to see how they'd adjust.

"Let us FREE!!"
It was hilarious getting these two girls in their walkers together. They are only 5 days apart in age, and go through the same milestones together but their personalities couldn't be more different. Ava is wild, loud, adventurous and wiggly. Adalyn is calm, curious, observant and sooo sweet.

We set these girls loose in those walkers and while Adalyn was calmly checking out her surroundings, Ava would come running across the room and crash into Adalyn's walker and give her a look like "Hey, let's take this place OVER! Let's GO!". Adalyn would give Ava a "You're crazy" look, then peek over at us adults with a "Who is this crazy person?!" expression. Ahh memories. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment