Monday, January 28, 2013

In Need of Distractions



Ava's surgery is 16 days away. And if you know me, you know that my lists are already started....my packing list, Ava's packing list, nonperishable food that isn't gag-worthy, etc etc. One list I need to work on is a "distraction" list. Her surgery will last several hours. The nurses will be calling frequently with updates (I think once an hour) but I'm sure we still need some time wasters.

Got any ideas?
  • Anyone have a great book you'd like to lend? (we have a Kindle too, if you have a loanable ebook!)
  • Anyone watched a good DVD lately?
  • Maybe bring some felt, fabric, ribbon and thread and make some bows or flowers for Little Miss? She'll probably wear those nice large knit headbands for a while to help keep baby fingers off her healing incision (once it's can be covered).
  • Anyone need me to file their taxes? I'm sure I could figure it out in 4-6 hours!! (kidding, obviously)

7 comments:

  1. Oh man! I have been thinking about you so much lately! Have you watched Friday Night Lights? I love that series (reminds you a little of small town life like Marshfield).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Natalie! We diligently watched EVERY single episode of that series! Even though it was time, we were so sad when it ended.

      Delete
  2. I just got done reading Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks- it comes out in theatres Feb 14. I'm a sucker for that Nicholas. It was no Notebook, but it was far greater than Last Song :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jordan, what's the book about? I dont think I've ever read any of his books.

      Delete
  3. Have you read Gone Girl? Or the Matched series (sorta Hunger Games-esque)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No on both of them. I did read the Hunger books and was HOOKED! Thanks Danavee!

      Delete
  4. You are welcome to take my iPad and watch amazon whatever (video? It is like Netflix) on it. Plus I have poisonwood on it and all of Chris' crazy books. Seriously, if you want it or my kindle (never use it) for our books let me know.

    ReplyDelete