Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Yumm! - Lettuce Wraps

We found another Pinterest recipe winner! Copycat PF Changs Lettuce Wraps

We previously were using a Guy Fieri Lettuce Wrap recipe that we liked a lot. They were tasty but also a drippy mess all over the place. Plus, anything that tastes like PF Chang's is a winner in my book. These are pretty easy, not really messy (aka not drippy), and a good way for us to use some groceries we had on hand (aka a big ol bag of shell on peanuts my brother and sister-in-law gave us).

I will say that we made a few tweaks:
  • We added more soy sauce and honey to the sauce.
  • I forgot to buy ground chicken, so we diced and cooked two chicken breasts with diced onions. Then we ran that through our food proceessor. End result...the BEST texture of ground up chicken for lettuce wraps EVAH!
  • We used some hydroponic butter lettuce. I've learned over the years, that when making lettuce wraps, invest in the nice lettuce that doesn't snap and break on you and holds contents well.
  • Next time, I'll use the whole can of water chestnuts instead of half the can. The more the merrier!


Go make this! Easier to make than you think it will be. We made this last night, after a LONG day spent out of town. When we decided to make this, I thought to myself  "I've lost my mind...where's the cereal and milk?" But we whipped this out in no time and it really hit the spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment