Friday, February 22, 2013

Land of the Lost

I've been wracking my brain lately over what and how to write up my blog post on our surgery experience. I'm torn.

We tend to be private, and keep details pretty contained to a tight inner circle until we are ready to share, if that ever happens. But I'm truly afraid if I don't write it down, I'll forget. And I don't want to forget. I also want some other scared, angry, confused mommy (or daddy) like me to find our story and find some helpful information. To deal with a difficult situation, I research, research and research...and sometimes cry in the bathroom, haha. But I mainly try to prepare myself via knowledge. So if I can give someone some insight into what to expect, then it'll all be okay. I'm working on finding the happy medium of "not too much, not too little". Maybe I'll find that place soon.

I've gone back to work this week, so maybe today, tomorrow or sometime this weekend I can sit down with a glass of wine and a snoozing baby and turn the jumbled mess of memories and emotions in my mind into something beautiful that I can look back on and appreciate. Maybe. Last night, I told Wynston I'm just ready for life to feel normal again. And I asked him when that day would come. We're not sure yet.

So, I didn't come here today to bring everyone down on a wintery Friday morning. I really just came to stop in, say sorry for the post delays, and that I'm working on it. And to add some Funnies to the page to celebrate Friday. Here you go.



1 comment:

  1. A. That cat loos like Ceelo Greene and I love it
    B. All moms are emotionally unstable; it comes with the territory
    C. Normal is over-rated. Scary, new, unknown, insecurities; this is what normal is in motherhood.
    D. You're doing remarkable.

    ReplyDelete