Wednesday, September 19, 2012

A Deep Breath

Tonight I took a deep breath.

Then I realized just how long it had been since I'd been able to breathe. Months...

Is my house clean? No. Is my laundry caught up? Ha! No. Are my eyebrows manicured? No. Is my mail sorted? No. Is the gallery wall in Ava's nursery done? No. Even though she sleeps through the night, do I? No. Are her boxes of too small clothes packed snugly away in the attic (tear)? No. Did my baby keep her poo contained to her diaper tonight? No...which would've been especially nice since we were at my brother's house. Did I work out today? No. Has the dog been brushed recently? No.

But we are really starting to get the hang of this baby thing. And we are loving every minute. She's Miss Personality lately and that's not just me being momma, everyone agrees.

So I took another breath. A big ol deep breath.

To all my friends who either have newborns or are pregnant...take a deep breath. I promise you won't have to hold it for too long.

1 comment:

  1. Remembering to breathe is half the battle sometimes. Really try hard to remember this when sweet Ava is two and comes to you with poop on her hands.

    ReplyDelete