Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Crazy Kid Time aka My Niece's 8th Birthday

It's hard for me to say this, but my oldest niece Lauren turned 8 recently. I still remember the day she was born. I was still in college and working part time. I remember coming over to the hospital after working at the bank that day. I still remember her being teeny tiny (well to be fair, she's still so little, but with appropriate levels of Replogle height applied). Lauren is a doll and will melt your heart when you meet her. She's also lovely and smart and quite the charmer. She also has loved her Uncle Wynston since day 1 and they rarely skip a quick wrestling match when gathered together.

This year Lauren had a mustache themed party at a local inflatable playground. Is that the right term? Lots of blow up slides and bounce houses and obstacle courses around. Mustachioed donuts were served. Cute personalized shirts were worn by my two nieces. Giggles ran rampant. Ava had an absolute blast. Like in a fashion that I've never seen before. Once Ava found the large inflatable slide, we made uncountable trips down that slide, followed by a running lap around the gym over to where Dad and grandparents were seated (gotta make sure they were watching her!), then a run back to that slide and getting carried up it to start all over again. With her laughing the entire time. It was awesome. And exhausting. But worth it. :)

Cousins! (l-r: Birthday Girl Lauren, Emily and Ava)



No comments:

Post a Comment