Monday, September 9, 2013

I Have To Brag

I have to share something that Ava did last night that made me so proud, and really surprised us. She's at an age (almost 16 months) where her little brain is just growing so quickly, and sometimes she amazes us.

She and I were cuddling on the couch as she drank her bottle before bed. I started singing her "You are my sunshine" and before I could even finish the first verse, Ava pipes up with "HAPPY!". It's normal for her to say that after the line "You make me happy, when skies are grey". But last night she did it before I ever said those words. I realized, "she's associating words with songs without hearing those words yet!". Amazing. So I kept singing, and got to that particular verse, paused after "You make me ...." and she chimes in right on time with "HAPPY!", and I finished the song. We did this several times. She's just so darn smart. Love that kid. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment