Thursday, August 30, 2012

Catching Up - Summer 2012

Well, here we are, August 30th. The summer is winding down fast. This summer has been one like no other around our house.

Summer started hot and about a early this year. Luckily Miss Ava decided to arrive on May 12th, keeping my days "pregnant in 90-100 degree heat" to a minimum. Thanks for that little one! Some day, I'll get a post on here about our Ava's big day. But not today. We spent most of May either outside walking to help bring on baby, or cooped up in the house after she got here.

June was not a lot different. Ava and I savored the precious time that is maternity leave. Spending each day together, getting to know one another and figuring out how to make it through each day!

Father's Day 2012

We took our new little family of 3 to the annual Marshfield 4th of July Parade. Thank goodness my brother has an office on the square, complete with air conditioning and a couch! Mommy also turned 29 in July. Craziness. July also proved to be the month we moved Ava out of our room and into her nursery. She is a champ at sleeping, and does very well in her crib.

August was a very busy month for work for both Wynston and myself. We've also skyped with Aunt Carly, who is down in Jamaica. That was a fun first. My 10 year class reunion picnic and evening gathering were last weekend. This was a great opportunity for Ava to spend her first night away from home. So off to Marshfield she went! We were very proud of her, but missed her so much that evening.

There are so many things I know I'm leaving out on. In closing, here's an overview of what I'd like to remember:
  • Long walks spent talking about upcoming baby (we miss those, and hope to restart them in the Fall)
  • May 12th, 2012
  • Figuring out our car seat in the hospital parking lot
  • Diapers, diapers and more diapers
  • My nursing journey
  • First Father's Day and Mother's Day
  • Ava's first bath
  • Ava's first smile
  • Adobe birthday dinner
  • Ava's love for "standing"
  • Getting Ava in the pool
  • Watching the neighborhood twin fawns grow (there are two sets of twins here!)
  • Ava's new laugh
I know that is just a tiny bit of how our summer has gone. But I am behind and don't want to go on and on. Boring!! I'm looking forward to the fall and seeing how our little family changes and adapts.


**NOTE: my computer is being a pain this morning. I have a LOT of photos to add to this post, but I think I'll do that in a separate posting. :) So more to come! **

No comments:

Post a Comment