Friday, September 12, 2014

Little Miss Chit Chat

I'm going to have the set the scene on these entries. Ava talks nonstop, and just like an adult these days...so you never know what you'll hear!

While up at the in-laws, the Schwans man arrives for an order/delivery. He is in the kitchen with Grandpa, Ava and I are in the living room coloring.

Ava: "Someone's with Gampa! Who is it?"
Me: "It's the Schwan's man."
Ava: "Oh I want to go see them." She gets up and heads that way, only to quickly return and loudly say "I don't like the Schwans man, he's yucky! I like you. But Gampa likes the Schwans man."
Me: "Ava, be quiet!"  -- opps.


A couple weeks ago, Ava was struggling with bedtime. So we started singing her a night-night song and saying a night-night prayer, while rubbing her back. It worked like a charm. Ava has QUICKLY picked up all the words to both the song and prayer and does them with us each night. Adorable, and smart!

Night-Night Song - from what Wynston remembers from an old Golden Book movie he watched as a kid:
Day is done, Little One
Close your eyes now sweet dreamer
Up above, is a light (actual lyric: Every star, is a light)
Watching over you tonight!

Night-Night Prayer - this prayer was in a needlepoint that hung in my bedroom as a child.
Now I lay me down to sleep
I pray the Lord my soul to keep
May angels watch me through the night
And wake me with the morning light.
Amen.

Yep, she's a sweetie!

No comments:

Post a Comment