Tuesday, September 4, 2012

4 am

It's 4 am, and I hear you jabbering in your nursery. You are awake. I'm worried you are cold, so I go to take a peek, and you are "bright eyed and bushy tailed" awake. You are full of grins and "let's play" squirminess. It looks like you might even be trying to roll over.

It's 5 am. You are still awake, but finally starting to rub those eyes and show signs that you are hungry. A warm bottle, a gentle rock in a dim room, a night-time scene projecting onto your ceiling, the sweetest eyes giving me a sleepy look, and little hands holding my fingers tight. You even manage the occasional grin when I let the bottle "breathe".

I'm tired today. But I have no complaints. Nights like these nights are few and far between. Those little moments are no longer stressful and exhausting; they are now sweet and bonding. Love you little one.

No comments:

Post a Comment